Yin Yoga Deep Dive
Yin Yoga: The Issue is in the Tissues
June 2nd – 4th, 2023
15 hours (15 CEU contact hours)
Yin Yoga is a wonderful practice to balance the tissues of the body. While Yang style yoga focuses on strengthening and stretching the muscle tissues, Yin Yoga focuses on the connective tissues in the body.
In this weekend workshop we will:
- Learn the difference between Yin and Yang styles of Yoga
- Understand the practical benefits of Yin Yoga: physically, energetically and mentally
- Explore the philosophy and practice of Yin Yoga
- Understand the Physiology and Anatomy of the Skeletal and Muscular Systems and how they interrelate with Connective Tissue
- Explore what stops the stretch and the difference between tension and compression
- Discover energy including Prana, Qi (chi) and the Meridians
- Explore mindfulness practices
- Work through the most common Yin Yoga asanas
- Practice teaching Yin Yoga classes
- Receive a Yin Yoga workbook and textbook: The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark
- A certificate of completion is available for Yoga Teacher CEUs
All students, including teachers, are welcome to participate to deepen their awareness of Yin Yoga. Having a regular Yin practice is helpful.
Dates & Times:
Friday, June 2nd: 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm Studio or Zoom
Saturday, June 3rd: 10:30 am – 11:30 am Studio or Zoom, 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm Studio only
Sunday, June 4, 2023 12:30 pm – 5:30 pm Studio only
Required book: The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark. Workbook and handouts will be provided.